THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesdays BLOW!

In all the newness of my blogging, y'all don't know how much Tuesdays suck. Let's start at the very beginning (it's a very good place to start AHHH!! NO SINGING). Aaron used to work for a tiny newspaper here in PoDunk that is a free paper that gets delivered weekly (on Tuesday) to every house in town. The town is split into many (I don't know HOW many) little "routes". Most of these routes are delivered by rude, spoiled brats sweet and charming middle school-ers. When Ariel was a tiny baby, Aaron and I decided it'd be fun to pick up a little extra cash and snatched up one of those damn awesome routes. FAST FORWARD...

Tuesday is a work day for me so when my alarm goes off at 1:40 AM I'm already in a bad mood knowing that I will not be home until 6:00 PM. You see...Tuesday is the day that my company has titled "Continuing Education" day. We all get to work our 12 hour day and then drive the 1/2 hour to the parent company for our 2 hour Continuing Education class. SUPER!!! After class I bust ass to BumTown to pick up the girls. Then bust ass back to PoDunk to get the papers delivered. By now it's supper time and I haven't even taken off my scrubs yet, my deodorant is 16 hours old (and I'm pretty sure non-functional at this point) and my feets they are a hurting.

Today was extra special here at Drama Central. Aaron got off work late, so the girls and I ventured off on the paper route alone. After putting Belle and the papers in the Little Red Wagon, there was no room for Ariel. So bless her little soul, she walked next to me and delivered all but about 20 papers all by herself. What a little helper. I just hope she doesn't wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramps. It's probably a good mile and a 1/2 route. That's a lot for 3 year old legs.

So, that is why Tuesdays suck at my house. I feel like I don't get to have any quality time with the girls at all. Rush to eat supper, rush to get bath, rush to get jammies on to make sure we're in bed on time as to not mess up the schedule. I know what y'all are thinking. Screw the schedule, they're only this little once. You're absolutely right. But...they are BEARS if they're even a 1/2 hour off their preferred bedtime. Sigh...I'm so glad I'm off on Wednesdays.

0 comments: